Gramex manages recording rights of record companies based on labels.
Once a record company has been registered as right holder to a label, the company will automatically receive all remuneration generated for Danish airplay on that particular label.
The airplay reports from TV/radio stations to Gramex always contain name of label for each track.
Qualify for membership?
You qualify for membership of Gramex if your company holds rights in the territory of Denmark.
This applies if:
- Your company owns a label (full label repertoire) or
- Your company has the rights to collect broadcasting fees for a label (full label repertoire) in the territory of Denmark through distribution, licensing or buy up. You must claim on Gramex’ Played Recordings and document your mandate by sending us a copy of the label contracts or agreements. Please note that the following information must be included in the contracts or agreements:
- Name of label (and sublabels)
- Term of the agreement (start date – end date)
- Territory of the agreement
- Neighbouring rights (broadcasting fees)
- Signature from both parties
How to join Gramex
If you fulfill the above, you must fill out and return the membership form.
Membership of Gramex is free of charge.
If your record company is already a worldwide member of one of our international sister organizations with which Gramex has a bilateral agreement for producers, your company will receive your Danish remuneration through them.
If your record company has a Danish distribution agreement regarding neighboring rights (broadcasting fees), the remuneration for Danish airplay may be collected by the distributor.
Phone: +45 33 85 32 00